Mag. Peter Machherndl is an Attorney-at-Law in the Dispute Resolution Team of Pitkowitz & Partners.
His practice focuses on national and international dispute resolution before state courts and in arbitration proceedings. In particular, he has extensive experience in the assertion or defence of claims in investment cases, representing stakeholders in corporate disputes and companies from the banking and financial sector, the automotive industry, and the IT and retail sectors. In doing so, he looks back on many years of experience in the successful and efficient handling of mass and class actions and is an expert in the field of (national and international) collective redress.
In addition, he has comprehensive expertise in contract drafting with a focus on consumer protection law and e-commerce issues. In this context, he assists clients in the drafting and design of general terms and conditions, websites and apps, up to and including representation in proceedings against consumer protection associations. A special focus lies on advising on the market launch and offering of new technologies (from the use of artificial intelligence to new payment services and automation solutions, e.g., in the automotive sector).
He also regularly advises on insolvency cases, with his spectrum ranging from insolvency-proof contract drafting (e.g., in international cash pooling structures) to representation in insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining Pitkowitz & Partners, Peter Machherndl worked as an Attorney-at-Law in a renowned international law firm in Vienna and as a legal advisor in the field of immigration and asylum law.
Peter Machherndl studied law at the University of Vienna. He regularly publishes and lectures in the fields of arbitration and civil (procedural) law, consumer protection law and insolvency law.
- 2022: Attorney-at-Law with Pitkowitz & Partners
- 2018-2022 Attorney-at-Law with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH
- 2014-2018: Associate with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH
- 2013-2014: Legal counsel with Verein Menschenrechte Österreich
- 2012-2013: Law clerk in the district of the Higher Regional Court of Vienna
- 2012: University of Vienna (Mag. iur.)
- Class and Group Actions Laws and Regulations in Austria, International Comparative Legal Guide (ICLG) 2024 (co-author)
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards in Austria, The Legal 500 (Legalease) 2023 (co-author)
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)