Patrick Hiehs is Paralegal in the Dispute Resolution Team of Pitkowitz & Partners.
He has a strong focus on languages and is a Certified Court Interpreter for Japanese and German. Prior to joining Pitkowitz & Partners, he worked interpreting and translating in the private sector in Japan, where he was able to master the skillset, he acquired during a full scholarship at Yokohama City University.
As a Court Interpreter and Paralegal, he has a strong focus on legal matters specializing in Civil Law, Public Law and Criminal Law, as well as in patents and technical translations.
He now pursues to combine his knowledge from the Master’s programme in Translation at the University of Vienna with the ongoing studies of Business Law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Patrick Hiehs is member of the committee of the Austrian Association of Certified Court Interpreters (ÖVGD), member of the Austrian Interpreters’ and Translators’ Association (UNIVERSITAS Austria) as well as the Austrian-Japanese Society (ÖJG) and the German-Japanese Association of Jurists (DJJV).
- 2021: Paralegal with Pitkowitz & Partners
- 2016 – 2021: Paralegal with Graf & Pitkowitz, Vienna
- Since 2021: Member of the Committee of the Austrian Association of Certified Court Interpreters (ÖVGD)
- Since 2019: Sworn and Certified Court Interpreter for Japanese and German
- 2018: University of Vienna (MA), Master’s program of translation, Japanese-German. Master’s thesis: „Terminology of international arbitration with particular emphasis on the Vienna Rules in Japanese and German“.
- Since 2015: Freelance translator and interpreter
- 2005 – 2015: In-house translator and interpreter for Japanese, English and German in the private sector, Yokohama, Japan.
- 2005: University of Vienna (Bakk. Phil., Japanese studies)
- 2004: Yokohama City University, Japan (Studium der Humanwissenschaften)
- Austrian Association of Certified Court Interpreters (ÖVGD)
- Austrian Interpreters’ and Translators’ Association (UNIVERSITAS Austria)
- Austrian-Japanese Society (ÖJG)
- Deutsch-Japanische Juristenvereinigung (DJJV).