Sheila Schwaighofer is a Swiss Attorney-at-Law in the Dispute Resolution Team of Pitkowitz & Partners. She is a Swiss Attorney-at-Law and also admitted to practice in Austria as a European Lawyer.
Sheila has close to a decade of experience in the legal field. Her primary focus is on Dispute Resolution including international litigation and arbitration proceedings. She has been involved as counsel and as tribunal secretary in complex, multimillion arbitration under various institutions.
Sheila studied at the University of Geneva and holds a master’s degree in law (MLaw) and a bachelor’s degree in international relations. Before successfully passing the Swiss bar in 2016, Sheila worked for reputable law firms and international organizations in Geneva and has gained significant experience in dealing with different jurisdictions at reputable law firms in Vienna.
Sheila is listed as arbitrator at the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC). She is also a member of Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP), Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA), Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) below 40, Racial Equality for Arbitration Lawyers (REAL), International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) and Africa in the Moot. She has also taken part in conferences as panelist and moderator and regularly acts as an arbitrator in the Willem C. Vis Moot. Since July 2022, Sheila is one of the Directors of Africa in the Moot.
- 2021: Senior Associate with Pitkowitz & Partners
- October 2020: Senior Associate with Graf & Pitkowitz, Vienna
- 2020: Of Counsel with Graf & Pitkowitz, Vienna
- 2016-2019: Associate with Konrad & Partners Attorneys at Law
- 2016: Swiss Bar Examination
- 2014-2015: Associate with CMS von Erlach Poncet Attorneys at Law, Geneva
- 2014: Paralegal with CMS von Erlach Poncet Attorneys at Law, Geneva
- 2013-2014: Internship with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- 2013: University of Geneva (Mlaw)
- 2011-2012: Marketing Assistant at JBY S.A "MyPrivateBoutique.ch"
- 2010: Internship with the United Nations, Department of International Protection
- 2010: University of Geneva (BA)
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) below 40
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Racial Equality for Arbitration Lawyers (REAL)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)